United Retirement Plan Consultants, Inc. and its subsidiaries (each and collectively, “URPC”, “we”, “us”) respect your privacy and take the responsibility of protecting the personal and business information that you provide to us via the unitedretirement.com website, the unitedretirement-secureclients.com website and any related pages operated by URPC (collectively, the “Website”) seriously. This Privacy Statement sets forth UPRC’s practices and the possible uses of the information that it gathers via the Website (the “Privacy Statement”).
About this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes the types of information that URPC may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website. This policy applies to information we collect:
For information collected outside of the scope of this Privacy Statement, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of the collecting entity to obtain an understanding of how your information is used or shared by such entities.
- On the Website and any subdomains to the Website, unless explicitly stated otherwise and regardless of the medium in which the Website is accessed (i.e. mobile, web browser);
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website; and It does not apply to information collected by:
- URPC offline or through any other means (except as stated above), including on any other website operated by URPC or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates), including any third party through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to, or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, certain account numbers, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information");
- That is about you but individually does not, without additional information, identify you, including, for example, information concerning your employment, your employer, and your retirement plan; and
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and analytics associated with your use of the Website.
How We Collect Information
We collect information (1) directly from you when you provide it to us; (2) automatically as you navigate through the Website; and (3) from third parties, including our strategic partners, such as any financial advisers with whom you have a business relationship. Each of these collection methods are described in more detail below:
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public or limited-access areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons or shared outside of the Website.
- Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect from you on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, consenting to be a Designated Signatory, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to any questionnaires or surveys that you complete;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website, including electronically signing any documents;
- Your search queries on the Website; and
- Information or documents that you upload, or provide to us to be uploaded, onto our Website.
How We Use Your Information
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Such information helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
Disclosure of Your Information
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about the administration of your retirement plan, including actions that you are required to take and notices regarding upcoming deadlines.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To improve your experience on the Website.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Statement:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and strategic partners, including advisers, law firms, CPAs, brokers, record-keepers, actuaries, service providers, or other third parties we use to support our business and provide our services to you.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of URPC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by URPC about the Website users is among the assets transferred. If the surviving entity in that transaction is not URPC, the surviving entity may use your information pursuant to their own privacy policies, and those policies may be different from this Privacy Statement.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To law enforcement, regulators or any officer of a court if required or permitted to do so by law, for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of URPC or its employees or a member of the public, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- To enforce or apply any applicable Website Terms and Conditions, including the URPC Secure Client Portal Terms and Conditions, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Your Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI website.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by providing written notice to United Retirement Plan Consultants, Inc., Attn: Legal Counsel, 545 Metro Place S., Suite 240, Dublin, OH 43017. Please allow up to two weeks for us to process this request.
- Offers from URPC. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or contact information used by URPC to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by providing written notice to United Retirement Plan Consultants, Inc., Attn: Legal Counsel, 545 Metro Place S., Suite 240, Dublin, OH 43017. Please allow up to two weeks for us to process this request. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information that is necessary for the provision of our services or that was provided to URPC as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transaction.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by providing written notice to United Retirement Plan Consultants, Inc., Attn: Legal Counsel, 545 Metro Place S., Suite 240, Dublin, OH 43017. Please allow up to two weeks for us to process this request.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you need to update or correct any of your information, please send a request via e-mail directly to your designated Client Relationship Manager or to email@example.com. You may also provide a written request to United Retirement Plan Consultants, Inc., Attn: Legal Counsel, 545 Metro Place S., Suite 240, Dublin, OH 43017 to request that we correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Please note that we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. Further, we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us at: United Retirement Plan Consultants, Inc., Attn: Legal Counsel, 545 Metro Place S., Suite 240, Dublin, OH 43017.
Unfortunately, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we attempt to protect all Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant that Personal Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. We will notify you in the event we become aware of a security breach involving your personally identifiable information (as defined by the applicable state and federal laws) stored by or for us. By disclosing your email address to us for any reason, you expressly consent to receive electronic notice from us in the event of such a security breach.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Statement on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' Personal Information, we will notify you either by e-mail to the primary e-mail address specified in your account or through a notice on the Website. The date the Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the beginning of this Privacy Statement. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Privacy Statement to check for any changes.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us in writing at United Retirement Plan Consultants, Attn: Legal Counsel, 545 Metro Place S., Suite 240, Dublin, Ohio 43017.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices, contact us at:
United Retirement Plan Consultants
545 Metro Place S., Suite 240
Dublin, Ohio 43017